Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Where have all the doctors gone?

 I have been fighting the battle of the UTI alone, well, with Andy as a great help. We battled alone for 4 days running to one Urgent Care after another, which in this area I will never step foot in again in any of them. Doesn't anyone work in Columbus any more? We were running around for four days trying to get antibiotics this is because the great OSU My Chart, a great invention until someone got the idea to change it and, of course, screwed it up.  My doctor would not respond to my messages, pleas, if I were to be honest. Total silence like he had gone to gardener's heaven which is an inside joke. Finally after two hours in a chair at the Kroger Little clinic where you can buy a pound of chicken and get your shots on the side we were done not done done, we simply left after finding out that walk in Tuesday had a different meaning. It is tricky,  because walk in Tuesday (without a time slot) doesn't mean that.  Walk in Tuesday is for booster shots. One needs an appointment to see a doctor. Next Urgent Care, closed with a foreign speaking man on the other end of the phone giving instructions about filling out five pages and holding your phone up to the barr on the window to get a time slot in the distant future if they open it  at all. Now Andy does not get fired up at all...but he had had enough. He sat down and wrote to our doctor and in 15 minutes the doctor wrote to me that he had the prescription sent to our CVS and to let him know if I did not feel better in a few days.  Now, that wasn't so hard was it? I was giddy at the drug store picking up my 12 pills-people in there thought they needed some of those happy pills too. But they were mine, all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...