Monday, January 24, 2022

Good things

 One good thing about a snowy day like this is there is a pot of beef stew sending good vibes through the house. It is a pleasant time to cook.  It is so quiet and peaceful and unhurried. Reading is a good winter pass time and I have just finished a couple of old friends in the book world and have started The Paris Library by an author I had not read before. I met a friend on the Italy trip and we still send each other emails on different subjects one being a good book not to miss. She turned me on to the Paris Library.  Another good thing to happen is the reliability of Amazon Prime.  No matter the weather I hear it coming and I know I am in for a treat. Who ever thought of this system knew a good idea when presented.

I need to make appointments but I am so content where I am that I keep avoiding the obvious...like the hair. Sigh. I hate using up two hours of my life in a chair getting my hair done. I like the hairdresser and that is the positive side of that coin.

We wisely started early buying food stuff before prices went crazy, but we missed the apple boat. Andy came home with our favorite Honey Crisp apples and discovered they were $2.00 EACH. Now we bow our heads before taking a bite.

Nothing exciting here.  Stay well and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...