Friday, September 10, 2021

This and that

 Today I looked at the groaning fridge and freezer determined to cook from one of those units at least.  I made a lovely vegetable gratin using up more of the products that tend to let us down if not used right away.  So I am on the good track there.  I am thawing a beef roast for the week end smoker feast. Matt and Stacey bring their girls over on the week end sometimes and we give them a break to go shopping or whatever. The girls cry when they leave to go home, so I guess they like it here at Many Branches.

I wanted to tell you one thing to not buy at Trader Joe's is the Norwegian crackers...seeds and grains crisp bread. It is packaged and looks like a deck of cards size-wise. Enticing but dull and no taste.  I have been thinking what to do with it.  Yesterday I crumbled a cracker into a salad and that worked. I have avocados, so I could make a spread.  It's a shame, they look right, they just have no taste. One could easily break a tooth on one of those crackers as well.

Starting tomorrow I am going to have a rough week ahead, so I will be either in a state to write like crazy or too stressed to do anything. This too shall pass, thank God.

I start early in the morning with Andy's coffee and the computer.  I tell you it is getting harder and harder to do this. It's like flogging yourself with all the nasty news that greets us each day. That nasty and the new TV shows are nasty...what will we do? 

l calm myself with another coffee and a container or two of flowers to dead head. Yesterday and today were perfect for this and I regained my composure. Nate has hung bird feeders and I have never seen so many birds and we have lived here 34 years. That and the birthing of butterflies keeps us entertained.  We have four now getting ready to turn into butterflies. We sent one on its way and he never looked back. That's nature. See, it doesn't take much to entertain us these days. lol


May be an image of food


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...