Friday, January 18, 2019

Hearty everything soup


Image may contain: food
You name it, it's in this soup. I am using up everything that needs using and putting it in the slow cooker.  We are in for a cold snap this weekend, so I am preparing hearty soups to sustain us. Soups allow us to use our skills of trial and error and the dish remains very forgiving. We had the postage stamp beef stew yesterday and today the base of that is today's lunch along with rice and additional vegetables and chicken. Fall and winter cooking is just right for me because I can throw caution to the wind and enjoy the results.  I am happy that January is half over.  I feel winter will be gone in a flash with just a few jabs one of which is to come this weekend if the predictions are correct. Well slurp and pass the crackers; it's soup for lunch at the Lechlers.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...