Saturday, February 2, 2019

My new dish



Or, as Andy says, your new concoction...
I started marinating chicken for 24 hours trying to duplicate the taste of Chuy's chicken.  I found a recipe on line from copy cat recipes and it actually is very close to Chuy's.  I did not have cilantro, but other than that it is very good.  So I turned part of it into chicken salad.  Then I craved rice, so I made a big pot of delicious rice cooked in homemade beef broth.  Tasted it and thought it needed a kick, so I added the remainder of the chicken salad in, gave it a stir and Bob's your uncle. 

Chuy-like chicken marinade:
1 cup oil (I used olive oil)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 can beer (I used Corona)
1 teaspoon each of the following: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, and one tsp. serrano minced pepper. Mix it together, put in plastic bag, add the chicken, turn it several times in the fridge for 24 hours and use it as you please. (It calls for cilantro, but I had none.)


My new concoction

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...