Thursday, October 26, 2017

cream cheese brownies





   
I was teaching at the time I first met cream cheese brownies.  Maize School was having one of its frequent bake sales.  There were half a dozen brownies in a package and I ate every one of them on my way home from school. (I weighed 100 pounds back then but it would have made NO difference; had to have them all.)  Had never seen them, had never smelled them, had never tasted them but had to have them (and I am not even a fan of chocolate.) I found the recipe years ago and it was more complicated than this.  This one is a brownie mix topped with a mixture of 8 ounces of soft cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, one egg and a bit of vanilla mixed and swirled through the chocolate before going into the oven. 350 for 24 minutes.

I have an unusual soup started and I will let you know how that goes later today.
The soup is crispy Pancetta with several vegetables (soup) Note: Turns out to be one of my best inventions yet.I have a nice picture of it on my Facebook, but trying to get it on here was not in the cards today.  I may picture it tomorrow and write up the loose instructions.  My soups are never the same twice because I don't use a recipe.  I do wish, however, that I had written this one down to do again.
                                                                                    

Image may contain: dessert and food














Image may contain: dessert and food














No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...